Baxter's KLEANSE Ingredients
Baxter’s KLEANSE Ingredient List:
Cranberry Extract – Cranberry has been shown to lower the pH of the urine, making it more acidic. This creates a hostile environment for pH sensitive bacteria. Cranberry extract also contain components that act as bacterial inhibitors and keep them from adhering to the walls of the urinary tract.
CoEnzyme Q-10 - A natural antioxidant, CO-Q10 has been shown through research studies to provide significant reduction in serum creatinine and blood urine output.
L-Methionine - is a neutral amino acid that is a principle supplier of sulfur. As a urinary acidifier it reduces the ammonia content of urine and can control urine odor.
Taurine – The amino acid taurine is vital to your dog’s overall health. It provides the flow of elements from and to your dog’s cellular structures>
Kidney Support Complex:
- Stoneroot root (Collinsonia canadensis): Stoneroot soothes the mucous membranes of the urinary tract and helps to keep a healthy environment within the bladder and kidneys. Its traditional use for astringing tissues of the genito-urinary system makes this herb as useful today as it has been in the past.
- Milk Thistle Extract (Silybum maranium) : Milk Thistle is a herbal remedy that has been used for over 2000 years for various health concerns. The active ingredient is a flavinoid called silymarin.. It has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Research suggests that milk thistle promotes kidney function .
- Hydrangea root (Hydrangea arborescens):Softening and soothing to the urinary tract, Hydrangea root also helps to support the body's immunity in the kidneys and bladder.
- Marshmallow root (Althea officinalis):Considered one of the most useful herbal "demulcents", Marshmallow's high mucilage content soothes mucous membrandes that line the urinary tract. This supports comfort during urination.
- Dandelion leaf (Taraxacum officinale): Dandelion leaves are a powerful urinary antiseptic and herbal diuretic. The natural, bitter quality stimulates digestive enzyme production. Dandelion root is also commonly used, but for urinary issues the leaves have more specific therapeutic value. Dandelion is also a source of many vitamins and minerals.
- Oregon Grape root (Berberis aquifolium): Oregon Grape, added as a supportive ingredient, is a North American plant high in berberine. Known as one of the most useful plant constituents to support the body's natural immunity, particularly the response to bacteria and viruses.
- Echinacea root, flower and seed (Echinacea purpurea):Used commonly for its polysaccharide content and effect on the immune system, Echinacea has a specific affinity for the immunity of the urinary tract.
- Dong Quai Root Extract (Angelica sinesis) : is an ancient Chinese herb used for thousands of years for the treqatment of kidney disorders.
- Rehmannia Root Extract (Rehmannia glutinosa) : Rehmannia is a perennial plant from China, Japan and Korea.Used in combination with other herbs, it has a tonic effect for kidneys and adrenal glands.
- Goldenrod aerial parts (Solidago virgaurea): Used for support of inflammation in the lower urinary tract. Also used for prevention of stones, and to help relax the muscular contractions of the urinary tract.
- Horsetail aerial parts (Equisetum arvense): This herb helps maintain normal fluid balance in the body and is considered a specific for all aspects of the urinary system.
- Hops strobiles (Humulus lupulus): Added specifically for muscular spasms of the urinary tract, Hops also provides a slight element of calming relaxation to the nervous system.
- Yarrow aerial parts (Achillea millefolium): Yarrow is an excellent herbal astringent (tones the tissues), supports immunity and generally cleanses and supports the entire urinary system.